23 May 2007

looking back

I would have washed the damages away
I would have rendered the repairs
I would have limbered every tendency
I would have covered you at night
I would have shared my place with you
I would have watched the lake
I would have combed the surface of the water
I would have held our space
I would have entertained the mint new fields
I would have built a fire
I would have liked the warmth of you beside it
I would have listened to the sky
I would have rinsed the earth replete with lush wide leaves
I would have simmered happiness and grown it new
I would have happened upon elements that lit ideas
I would have jimmied locks that hampered heaven in my midst
I would have drained the fear away that we have shared
I would have opened every morsel of the heart living between us

3 comments:

Crescentsi said...

Powerful emotion - strong and uncluttered....

Simon

carmen racovitza said...

my elements lock lit fear

leaves /combed/ have mint marks
have earth

lit rinsed happiness
happiness has built warmth
rinsed warmth

Little Lamb said...

I like the poem.