24 Feb 2008

Risk and Intimate Relationships

I found this interesting article on ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) by Prof. Jane Lewis.

Risk and intimate relationships: can hope triumph over experience in an age of 'messy' lives?

I thought I'd share this on Saying Something, because this article mirrors many of my thoughts on the subject of sexual relationships. I like Professor Lewis' use of the words "flux" and "uncertainty", regarding relationships, behaviour within sexual relationships, work and expectations. Flux, anxiety and constant change - stretching meaning to the point of arbitrariness are common themes in modern art and poetry, particularly on the Internet. It is interesting to see ideas relating to the economy and the arts finding common ground.

Simon

No comments: