30 Mar 2007

Vespers (6)

she said she
heard something she
went downstairs
to see what
the dogs were
barking about but
when she arrived
nothing but
dogs barking

we talked about a missionary
collecting for some cause
we don't espouse and she reminded
us it had been late at night
she was alone and if it were not
for the dogs what would have happened

later when we compared stories
you said someone actually opened their door
and came in I didn't hear the story
that way maybe I didn't even hear the story
anyway you said that and I told you
I didn't think so

but we live a few doors down
and now I wonder am I supposed to
be afraid and if not why not
am I supposed to worry maybe put in meausres
to keep me from being afraid

after they went home I spent some time
filling the dishwasher and thinking about
silence as I often do I am in love with
silence and I hope it's mutual I guess it is
unless the neighbor children are exploring
the best way to improve their minds
or at least their gestation
now I am through thinking
about them and all their noisy lives

5 comments:

carmen racovitza said...

( reminded us what I I I
being heard in the silence I I often said now she didn't hear I

the barking night collecting doors

exploring the doors

were barking
with silence)


hi, sheila

Sheila Murphy said...

thanks, Carmen - wonderful to hear what you say. Greetings this Saturday!

carmen racovitza said...

thanks, sheila...a nice sunday to you , too...

Crescentsi said...

Mondays are crap, too soon it's mecredi!!

carmen racovitza said...

sooner still it's somedi...